This soup is made from the remnant’s of my weekly beloved Veg Box and it is absolutely delicious.
The three Little Gem Squashes were sitting unloved in the corner of my fridge so I decided to use them. As with the Black Ban Soup I do like to use some crushed Tortilla’s sprinkled over the top when service to add a little crunch.
Approximate Calories: 571 (142 calories per serving – add 50 for 4 crushed tortillas over the soup for each serving).
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 generous tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 2 medium onions, chopped.
- 3 little gem squashes cut into in chunks (or one large squash) with pulp removed.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Knorr vegetable stock pots or equivalents
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the lower one) or to cover the vegetables
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to the smooth setting.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thicker soup add less water or more Squash.
- Optional – Crushed Tortilla’s for sprinkling over the soup when serving.