This is one of my thicker soups, its my something weekend soup. Jane likes lentils and thicker soups so its also made to appease her.
There a lot of variations in this soup so it really down to your taste.
Approximate Calories: 460 (115 calories per serving)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 to 6 splashes of Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 3 large tomatoes, roasted, skins removed (I used black tomatoes for the picture) but any tomato will do)
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped and skins left on (any colour of pepper will, mine just happened to be yellow)
- 6 small plum or cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery chopped (I use a potato peeler to remove the ribs)
- 1 medium leek chopped
- 2 peeled medium onions (or 1 large)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of red lentils (more lentils, thicker soup)
- 1 garlic crushed clove (or 1 squeeze from a tube)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 table spoon of mixed herbs
- 2 Knorr Stockpots (1 Chicken and 1 Vegetable) any mixture or equivalents you fancy
- Add hot water to (level 2 in soupmaker) or to cover the vegetables
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done untill smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.