Winter is here!
A winter soup if I ever saw one. Its been Cold, Rainy and Dull outside so I decided that its a thick soup for me this time around. Simple, Warming, Comforting and Lovely.
Approximate Calories: 733
- 1 generous tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 cups of frozen peas (300 grams, I use Petit Pois)
- 2 leeks (quite large or 3 smaller leeks)
- 1 potato (again on the large side or two smaller potato’s)
- 1 vegetable stockpot (or equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1.5 cups of milk (400 mil, I use skimmed milk but any will do)
- Equal amount of water to milk (for pan cooking) or fill to minimum level, in the Soupmaker.
- Remove the outside of the leek and peel the potato, dice both into small chunks
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done untill smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more milk, for a thicker soup add less milk.