In response to the cold weather, the Football and the Rugby this weekend. It left me with little time to prepare. A spicy medium thick soup was the answer.
Using my everyday soup as the base it provides a quick answer to my hunger.
Approximate Calories: 550 (137 calories per serving)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 or 2 splashes of Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of encona hot pepper sauce (or similar)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of chilli tomato paste (or you can just add a red chilli)
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 peeled and sliced medium onion
- 1 potato peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove (or 1 squeeze from a tube)
- 2 table spoons of red lentils
- 1 Knorr Beef and 1 Vegetable stockpot or equivalents
- Add hot water to (level 2 in soupmaker) or to cover the vegetables
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done untill smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.