Today I am mainly feeling exotic spices and vegetables. I am going to use the remnants of my Able and Cole veg box today to provide me with a wonderful Soup. I am off, in my head anyway, to some far southern climes with this one. So using ras-al-hanout (literally “top of the shop” the best spices) we will be transported with a his and hers approach to our soup…..
Approximate Calories: 694 to 705 (173 to 176 calories per serving – 705 is with the dollop of yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 tablespoon of ras-al-hanout (my “internet” substitute is equal parts paprika, coriander, ginger and an optional pinch of saffron or just use the ground coriander)
- 2 garlic cloves (or a squeeze from a tube)
- 1 onion, quartered (any size, if you are like me make it large)
- 2 large carrots, chunked
- 2 parsnips, chunked
- 1 butternut squash, chunked
- 1 potato, chunked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 knorr vegetable stock pots
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Put the onion, carrot, parsnip, garlic and potato into a roasting tin and sprinkle with the oil, ras-al-hanout, and the salt and pepper.
- Then roast for about half an hour at 180C.
- Now put all of the ingredients into the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done until chunky or smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional – yogurt and/or mint if you fancy it as a topping