Don’t pay any attention to the veg in the background, that was my new Able and Cole delivery in which I got five beetroot.
The slightly warmer weather in the UK has led me to think that Christmas is just around the corner, this means for us unseasonable temperatures and winter veg. So I thought to myself red soup! its a must as I have the perfect veg for that colour “beetroot”
Approximate Calories: 456 (114 calories per serving – if you any cream add 60 calories or crème fraiche add 45 calories)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 medium red onions chopped
- 2 medium potatoes (or 12oz) chopped small
- 1 apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 to 3 medium beetroots (or 12 to 15 ounces) chopped small
- 2 Knorr vegetable stock pots (any veg stock will do)
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Put all of the ingredient’s into the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minute’s or so then blend when done until smooth
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional – when serving add some cream, sour or single, or crème fresh to taste.