Inspired by a friends request for a soup, especially at this time of year, over indulgence has to be dealt with and a good left over soup will deal with this. My red cabbage and roast potato soup should help. Whatever you do remember that this is a leftover soup so you can try manage the amounts against what you have left, if you more of one thing and less of another be inventive. The basic soup is robust and will still deliver.
Approximate Calories: 907 (226 calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 leeks, diced
- 4 roast potatoes (normal will do too)
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Knorr vegetable stockpot (any veg stock will do)
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the lower) or 1 litre in the pan
- 1 dollop of sour cream (or similar) to garnish (optional)
- Put all of the ingredient’s into the soup maker and set to smooth or chunky.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minute’s or so then blend when done until smooth ior chunky.
- Optional – If you like a thinner soup just add more water or for a thicker soup add less water.