In answer to a plea from my son I have put together a very basic tomato and basil soup. This one is light on the ingredients but with some powerful flavours.
Also this is a planned attempt to get him away from Nandos, Wagamamas and Subways. As I have him working at 16, like any good Victorian dad should do, he has his own money to spend, so he tends to spend it on food.
Approximate Calories: 520 (130 calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 2 tbsps of tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 splashes of worcester sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 2 peppers, chopped (any colour)
- 1 potato medium, chopped
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 1 beef tomato, peeled (or 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 2 vegetable stockpot (any will do)
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the lower one) or 1 litre in the pan
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.