Looking through the fridge I noticed we had a lot of Celery left. I mean lots, four heads of Celery in fact! And while sifting through the cheese draw I found there was some still some Stilton cheese, with no port left there was only one thing to do. Go and get more port!
No, seriously, I thought that’s too easy lets make some soup for work. So, with a few more ingredients from the fridge I set about making a Celery and Stilton soup. All of this under the watchful gaze of the my other half. “Why are you making soup at 8:30pm in the evening while EastEnders is on” she said. “I wonder” was my whispered answer……
Approximate Calories: 874 (219 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic (or more to taste if like garlic)
- 1 head of celery chopped (about 5 to 6 medium sized sticks)
- 1 potato medium, chopped
- 2 vegetable stockpots (any will do)
- 100g of stilton (or any other blue cheese) crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste (remember the Stilton will be a little salty)
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the lower one) or 1 litre in the pan
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.