This morning I am mostly recovering from Jane’s birthday. We wandered down into town last night with some friends to Pincho’s, a local Spanish Tapas bar and restaurant. After a very good meal, some great conversation and a lot of drinks we went home and danced into the wee small hours.
While I was preparing Jamie Oliver’s 5 hour Lamb for Jane’s Birthday Sunday Dinner at 4pm this afternoon, I worked on making a soup for the light evening meal (if we have one!). Searching all of the vegetables we have in the fridge I happened on some Potato’s, Leeks & Onions. Hence the Surprise! I was intending to make a spicy tomato soup.
This soup I have found is a great comforter after a night out.
Approximate Calories: 931 (233 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 or 4 sticks of celery chopped
- 4 medium leeks chopped (optional, I remove the green leaves)
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 chicken stockpots (any will do)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one) or 1 litre in the pan
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to chunky.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until chunky.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional: Serve with crusty bread or some yogurt, crème fraiche or cream for a creamier taste.