I like vegetable soups. There it is, its out there. However sometimes you just need the basics and rough and ready approach to soup making. Malarkey is meaningless or nonsense, the Americans use the word Bunkum to describe it and its just that “nonsense”. But I cant call a soup that so its called my Vegetable Malarkey.
Now the soup can contain any good veg however it still needs a balance to it, so I used a mix of my favourites, all good solid veg to create mine.
Approximate Calories: 540 (135 calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium leek
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tbsp of fresh fennel chopped
- 2 potato medium, chopped
- 1 carton of passata (tomatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken stockpots (any will do)
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to chunky
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until chunky.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.