Its Friday the 13th and anything could happen! The fear of the number 13 has been given the scientific name of Triskaidekaphobia. The fear of Friday the 13th is called Paraskevidekatriaphobia.
Anyway taking my lead from the Tri in Triskaidekaphobia I wondered if I could come with a soup that has three main ingredient’s that come in threes. I know its a very thin link here but as my son says “Whatever”. Well I did it! And to my amazement it works, it has a slightly sweet back note, but nonethe less a very tasty soup.
Approximate Calories: 583 (146 calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 3 peppers (I used red, green and yellow)
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 medium red onions
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tbsp of oregano (or to taste)
- 1 medium potato , chopped
- 3 splashes of Worcester sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 vegetable or chicken stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional – You could use any vegetable (that you like) for your combination of three main things….