I have been away for a holiday over six days in Europe and really missed my soup making. We went to Prague in the Czech Republic, Vienna in Austria and Budapest in Hungary. What a brilliant trip! Everywhere we went we encountered Paprika. Smoked, Sweet and Hot. It seems to be a mainstay for them in their cuisine.
You can follow my emerging travelpod by clicking here
So as soon as I arrived back home I dived into the fridge to have a sort out. What emerged was a basic mixture of vegetables, so this is what I came up with. A vegetable soup with a hint of paprika running through it, lovely.
Approximate Calories: 623 (156 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1 medium potato , chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped
- .5 leek chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 splash of Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika (hot or sweet to your taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 beef stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.