Now that I am back in the groove with my soup making, I wanted to experiment with a chunky wholesome home style soup. It had to simple, tasty and warming as well as quick to make and not full of spurious ingredients that were not need .
I simply used potatoes, carrots, celery and onions and a tsp my Hungarian purchase of sweet and hot paprika to add the warmth that I wanted.
You can find some info here about Hungarian paprika by clicking here
Approximate Calories: 741 (186 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium potato, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp of pearl barley
- 1-2 tsp of paprika (hot or sweet to your taste)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetable and 1 chicken stockpot
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.