Our first delivery of vegetables after our return from holiday contained two squashes. Jane mentioned that she loved these vegetables, this sparked me off to provide a delicious soup for my wife to enjoy at lunchtime. The question was what to put with it that she would like as well.
Red peppers to add some sweetness, potato for body and lentils for a bit of thickness. I also added cumin for additional flavour. Jane went got a baguette form around the corner and we were set.
Approximate Calories: 623 (156 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 whole squash, chopped
- 1 tbsp of red lentils
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 vegetable stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.