With so much squash in the fridge, I had another to use up, and a great response from my earlier effort I determined to use it for another squash soup. Having already used up the Red peppers I replaced these in the soup with carrots. This would help to keep the colour, as well as provide some flavour. I upped the potato count and dropped the lentils in favour of the onions.
We were set to soup and that’s what we did, flavour was good and the soup itself was thick and delicious
Approximate Calories: 989 (247 calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium potato, chopped
- 2 medium carrots,chopped
- 1 whole squash, chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 vegetable stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.