I know, this just does not compute! Leftover Chilli you say, you couldn’t write it.
However that’s what happens when you cook for four. Then your son and his friend decide that meeting your other friends at Subway is the only way to go, especially as their will be girls there.
Madness I know but that’s what the younger generation are like these days. The soup was outstanding for my taste.
So with a portion of chilli, an onion and a tin of borlotti beans you would be amazed by this website that describes them, a whole history……
Approximate Calories: 704 (176 calories per serving)
- 2 tsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- add all the leftover chilli (1 serving or 2 ladles is what I had left)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tin of borlotti beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of hot paprika
- 2 splashes of Worcester sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 beef stockpot
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to chunky
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until chunky.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional – I do a couple of 10 second blends at the end so it not soo chunky, add tortilla chips on the top for a bit of crunch.