Wanted make a basic soup today so I embarked on a sort of Minestrone soup mash up. I leant on my Abel & Cole box again today to supply the vegetables for the soup.
Whilst making this soup my Wife, Jane, “said hmm soup. I like Parsnips!” “That’s good” I said, “as I am not anywhere near making a parsnip soup”, I heard the look of disappointment from behind me. “After I have made this soup, would you like to make some parsnip soup with me?” I continued. With a beaming smile she said “yes please”, but that a whole other other post.
Approximate Calories: 575 (143 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 40 grams of extra fine beans chopped into short lengths
- 1 tablespoon of orzo (tiny pasta)
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tsp of oregano
- 2 knorr chicken stock pots
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Put all of the ingredients into the soup maker and set to chunky.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minute’s or so then blend when done until chunky.
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.