If you have read my previous post you will the story behind this soup, however all you have to is not read the following paragraph and then read the final one.
Whilst making my Italian Mash Up soup my Wife, Jane, “said hmm soup. I like Parsnips!” “That’s good” I said, “as I am not anywhere near making a parsnip soup”, I actually heard the look of disappointment from behind me. “After I have made this soup, would you like to help me to make some parsnip soup for you?” I continued. With a beaming smile she said “yes please”, but that’s a whole other other post.
Dealing with disappointment is what I do. I try to be nice to everyone, manage everyone’s expectations and give them what they want! We made the soup and then for some reason we went out for a drive before Lunch, this turned into shopping trip to M&S Kew where we had a coffee and a sandwich for lunch in M&S. The two soups are now cooling on the side for lunch tomorrow. So this was another one of my efforts to keep everyone happy.
Approximate Calories: 505 (126 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- .5 tsp of ground tumeric
- .5 tsp of mustard seeds
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp of tinned plum tomato (or 2 plum tomato’s chopped)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 knorr vegetable stock pot
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Put all of the ingredients into the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minute’s or so then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.