Its now Sunday and looking forward to a very lazy day. This in itself is great but no good for the waistline as I tend to pick at food throughout the day! I had some left over liquor from last night dinner, see here, a Nigel Slater special which I used for my stock.
So my answer to this is a very thin soup that I call a cup of soup. If I get hungry I can simply fill a cup with this, put it the microwave or a small pan and heat it through hunger assuaged.
Approximate Calories: 340 (85 calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 handful of petit pois (or garden peas)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 celery stick
- 1 medium potato , chopped
- 3 splashes of Worcester sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken stockpots (I did 1 stockpot plus liquor from last nights dinner)
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.