It was a Friday again and I was going to prepare some lunch when I found a stray tin of mixed beans, helpfully already in a spicy tomato sauce. I know, I can already hear all of you Twickenhamites saying yuck and bemoaning the use of tinned beans!
Anyway Just check this out! Yes indeed……
However the mighty mixed beans were a joy to the taste. Complimented as they were by several fresh ingredients this was a great Friday lunchtime soup with a smooth and creamy consistancy.
Approximate Calories: 595 (149 calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 1 tin of mixed beans with spicy sauce
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 pepper (I used yellow)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tbsp of mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetable stockpot
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.