I like Pasta, I like Chickpeas, but which is better? There’s only one way to find out. Fight!
No of course not and in the end I put them both in the soup together. I then found some other vegetables that were in the fridge, they were shouting out to be souped up and then stored to be eaten. I proceeded to make a fairly simple soup recipe and squirreled it away in the fridge this morning, just before heading to work so it can warmed up and eaten with some crusty bread tonight if I can avoid the call of a Friday night relaxer…..
Approximate Calories: 476 (119 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas (for a more substantial soup use 2 cans)
- 2 handfuls of orzo (or small pasta)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- 3 splashes of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the lower one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to chunky
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until chunky.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water or more chickpeas.