Its still my birthday week so I am still using my present and “Nessie” is turning out to be a real boon. Anyway after attending Salute 2017, and then having a light Brazilian lunch at Cabana followed by a sobering dose of West Ham United football at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park or the London Stadium we saw Pixie Lott perform “Baby”! After all of that I was ready for some soup.
Five Bean Salad is my answer to a real Salad! No mucking around with fashionable leaf, No really fattening dressing to give it a bit of flavour and None of that boiled up Quinoa (we know its pronounced quin”o”ahh but they keep on saying keenwah!) anyway lots of healthy veg and beans in a Soupy Salad!
Approximate Calories: 1040 (260 calories per serving – add about 150 calories if you have the bread)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 small potato, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 6 splashes of Worcester Sauce
- 1 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 knorr chicken stock pot
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soup maker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Set the soup maker to smooth.
- Put all of the ingredients together into a saucepan add water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional – Crusty bread as desired and for a little kick add some chilli