Blimey! Doesn’t time fly when you’ve had some sherry!
Its now 1:30pm on a Saturday afternoon and the football is still not on, no 12:30 game today. The Scottish seem to have taken over with a re-run of the Rangers vs Celtic game, it seemed like they played only last week. Well i suppose with 6 old firm games ayear it would have been. Anyway I needed something to do so I thought I might fill in some time making soup! What a surprise I hear you all gasp.
Any way the Abel and Cole box was waiting for me when I got home a from a few days away on business, it was left alone and lonely on the hob, for my return. having drted it out I was left with Broccoli, carrots and a single onion. So to work I thought.
Approximate Calories: 468 (117 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil (olive oil will do)
- 1 medium potato
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli (use 2 if you really like broccoli)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 vegetable stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the lower one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- (Optional – add 1/2 cup of cream, yogurt or milk to taste to make it creamy) don’t forget to add the calories for these if you have them.