Its Saturday morning, the day before a big match afternoon game Liverpool. Its more for the Benefit of Arsenal fans I think, if we win of course but hey ho! The last thing on my mind was doing a soup with Asparagus in it. I Loved Gary Larson’s take on it, but its not my favourite.
Failed Marketing Ploys – ” I Cuss, You Cuss, We All Cuss for Asparagus…..”
Spinach as well, what was I thinking of. Probably this Larson cartoon as well.
Anyway this is what I came up with:
Approximate Calories: 300 (75 – calories per serving)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of Asparagus (15 Spears or so), chopped (no woody ends)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 tsp of basil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the lower one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- (Optional – serve with crusty bread or a bagel, don’t forget to add the calories for these if you have them).