I was dared to make this soup after mentioning it in my last post. So I only went and did it, its a fairly simple soup and very filling.
As a test I bought a Cooks Pie and Mash carton from Sainsburys, purely to experiment with of course, and at £2.00 a carton if it failed I would not be too out of pocket.
I cooked the carton as per the instructions on the carton and was ready to go. I put the Mash and Liquor in the soupmaker shown below.
I then chopped the Pie into small squares
and added it to the soupmaker as shown below
I also at this point added an extra potato, beef stock, vinegar, salt and pepper.
I have to say, surprisingly, it is a great tasting soup and I will try to make with the real thing next.
Approximate Calories: 512 (128 – calories per serving)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 carton Cookes frozen pie and mash, cook as per instructions.
- Pie, chop small and add to soupmaker or pan when cooked
- Mash, add straight to soupmaker or pan when cooked
- Liquor, add straight to soupmaker or pan when cooked
- 1 Potato, chopped
- 4-5 splashes of vinegar (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken stockpots
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the lower one)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.