Its the Weekend!
Here is a question for you. Why is it that during the week I can sleep through to the alarm. Yet on Saturdays and Sundays I am up with the bleeding larks? Now its a weekend and I can have a long lie in. Here I am then up early with the rest of the family having their deserved long lie in, the house is like a morgue this morning.
So I think that we are having Chilli tonight and so I begin the preparation for that hot and mincey delight for dinner now as it can grow in flavour throughout the day. At the same time my thoughts began to wander towards lunchtime. I check the veg draw and a large head of Celery jumps into view and so I begin….
Approximate Calories: 382 (95.5 – calories per serving) if you add the butter: Calories 522 – 130.5 per serving)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (to taste)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 whole celery (about 6-7 stalks), finely chopped
- Optional (1 knob of butter)
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetable stockpots (chicken or bouillon will do)
- Add hot water to (level 1 or 2 in the soupmaker whichever suit you)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- (Optional – serve with crusty bread or a bagel, don’t forget to add the calories for these if you have them).
PS The chilli was a total and delicious success