Making a quick soup in the morning is one of favourite things to do, time sometimes does not allow this.
My quickie on Wednesday morning turned out brilliantly. I went for some basic soup ingredients and cobbled together this soup on the fly. I had only about twenty minutes before Jane came down form her shower and we were off to work so I had to work fast, no reference works for me. I chopped and I poured and I squeezed the ingredients to get them all in the soup kettle and left it to cook on it own.
When we returned from work….. Well it was delicious, I can tell you.
Approximate Calories: 480 (120 – calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (to taste)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 can of tinned tomatoes
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- 1 red or green chilli, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce
- 2 tab tbsps of balsamic vinegar
- 2 stockpots (1 chicken and 1 vegetable)
- Add hot water to (level 1 or 2 in the soupmaker whichever suit you)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.