The humble radish. its is edible I am told and it is a root vegetable. Its part of the of the Brassicaceae (Mustard) family of vegetables from pre-roman times. Mostly to be found, eaten raw, in a posh and crunchy salad.
This is a smooth, easy to make and tasty everyday soup. It takes extra flavours really well, so you can put in various tasty sauces to suit if you want too.
Approximate Calories: 271 (68 – calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 medium potato, chopped
- 200g of White or Red Radish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of bouillion
- 1 vegetable stockpot
- Add hot water to (level 1 or 2 in the soupmaker whichever suit you)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.