Veg delivery is here so I am sorting the old from the new, with the old going into various soup and the unusable going into recycling. I hate throwing stuff away so I tend to soup up on Thursdays rather than throwing it all away. I didnt really know what to do with my soups until I came across this american site.
|Soups & Stews||Vegetable or meat added||3 to 4 days||2 to 3 months|
Here it states 3 to 4 days and 2 to 3 months for soup, but do be careful when storing in the fridge or freezing. Make sure the soup is at room temperature and allow for some expansion in the bag or container you are freezing the soup in.
My Leeky old tomato soup speaks for itself however, I have added a few more bits and pieces to give it a bit of body.
Approximate Calories: 480 (120 – calories per serving)
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (to taste)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 can of tinned tomatoes
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- 1 red or green chilli, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce
- 2 tab tbsps of balsamic vinegar
- 2 stockpots (1 chicken and 1 vegetable)
- Add hot water to (level 1 or 2 in the soupmaker whichever suit you)
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.