After Christmas “use up what’s left” style of soup. I was inspired by a soup I had at a conference, it was a vegetable soup and I found it really tasty. While all around me were eating volumes of mini beef and ale or chicken and leek pies, with chips. Having no concern about me. I stuck to my guns and stayed with the healthier options.
Have found that this easy soup is really good at making you feel better. Its tasty, its velvety and its above all easy.
Approximate Calories: 665 (167 calories per serving)
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large leeks chopped (remove leaves)
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 vegetable stockpots (any will do)
- Plenty of Pepper to taste
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the higher one) or 1 litre in the pan
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to chunky.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until chunky.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional: Serve with crusty bread or some yogurt, crème fraiche or cream for a creamier taste.