My Wife surprised me with this request, “I want to make a vegetable soup!” She said.
“Blimey, that’s out of left field” I said “What is wrong with you?” “Are you ill.” “You never want my vegetable soups.”
She said. “No Chillies, chilli powder, anything spicy and we are going easy on the pepper.” “Okay” I said, slightly taking offense. “Let’s do it together”. “Ooh Err” she said putting on her pinnie…..
Approximate Calories: 990 (247.5 calories per serving)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 small carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 potato chopped
- 2 leeks chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatos
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- 150 grams of Red Lentils
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Knorr vegetable stockpots or equivalents
- Add hot water to (level 2 in soupmaker) or to cover the vegetables
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done untill smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water