As lockdown is coming to an end and after gaining some weight its time to visit some healthy soup lunches again. As I look back it been nearly two years since my last post. We have moved on a lot since then and I have been doing a lot of work during the pandemic, chasing a degree in History and writing quite a bit too. So for a little while at least its back to the soupmaker recipes. My inspiration here is the need to break with sandwich/baguette style lunches and try to at least reduce my bread intake.
We also have a dog now Reggie! He has helped us through and also makes me walk twice/three times a day. A proper life saver is Reggie.
I love red peppers and chilli so why not try to combine them into a nice fresh soup with a bit of a kick.
Approximate Calories: 573 (143.25 calories per serving)
- 2 generous glugs of oil
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 large onion – sliced
- 2 Red Peppers – chopped
- 1 or 2 red chilli’s (chilli flakes can be used instead)
- 1 tbsp of Tomato paste
- 1 large potato – chopped
- 700ml to 800ml of Chicken stock
- Pepper & Salt or to taste
- Put the oil in soupmaker (sauté function) or pan and heat
- Place the onions in the soupmaker or pan and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Add the Peppers, Chilli & Garlic to the soupmaker of pan for a further 3 minutes
- Turn off the sauté function. If using a pan then add ingredient’s to the soupmaker
- Add the Potatoes & Tomato paste to the soup maker and stir
- Add 700ml to 800ml to the soupmaker (it must be above the minimum level for the soupmaker
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set the soupmaker to Smooth to cook
This soup is a great lunchtime soup or a starter for a meal in a more formal setting, If you like your soups with a bit heat add more chilli’s or chilli flakes.