If like me, you have plenty of leftovers after your Chicken Fajita tortilla fest then you can use this simple approach to create your lunch for the following day.
Just chop, combine, stir and cook.
Approximate Calories: 650 (162.5 calories per serving)
- Leftovers from the Chicken Fajitas (or use 2 chopped Red Peppers)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 Red Onion (Large) chopped
- 1 Leek (Small)
- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 Potato peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1tsp of Cumin
- 100 grams of Red Lentils
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Knorr chicken stockpot or equivalents
- Add hot water to (level 1 in soupmaker) or cover the mixture
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water
- Serve with some toasted flour tortillas or top with some some tortilla chips