This is the recipe that forms the basis of most of my soups. Its what I call my everyday soup! Variations of it will appear in most of my posts to some degree or other and it makes a great soup.
I use this when I am in a hurry to get some soup made and it stores well for about three days. in the fridge.
Approximate Calories: 474 to 378 (378 is using a small punnet of cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 1 or 2 splashes of Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 punnet of small tomatoes or 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 medium stick of leek
- 1 peeled medium onion (or 1 large if you like onion)
- 1 garlic clove (or 1 squeeze from a tube)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste (I like the chilli one so I use a teaspoon)
- 1 table spoon of mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons of bouillon
- 1 Knorr Beef or Vegetable stock pot or equivalents
- Add hot water to (level 2 in soupmaker) or to cover the vegetables
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done untill smooth.
- For a thinner add more water, for a thicker add less water.