No talk of old vegetables, Abel and Cole or orange coloured soup, I promised Neil! So this soup was inspired by and named after the Ferrelly’s. With last nights visit to the London Stadium alongside Neil, Joe and Alex Ferrely, only to witness West Ham scrape a lucky 1-0 win against an energetic and rather tenacious Burnley side, we enjoyed a lads night out.
Anyway at half time, to my surprise, I got a focused but welcome critique of my soup making blog. Too many orange soups and too many references to old knackered veg and they all look the same. So in a nod to Neils funny and constructive criticism here is a Soup with no old veg, not the same style of soup and definitely not an orange soup. Potatoes, leeks and onions form the basis of this soup and its green.
I hope this fits the bill?
Approximate Calories: 464 (116 per serving)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil (other types of oil will do)
- 3 small onion, finely chopped (or 1 large onion)
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 4 small leeks, finely chopped
- 1 whole green pepper chopped
- 4 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 knorr vegetable stock pot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Put all of the ingredients into the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minute’s or so then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.
Winter is here!
A winter soup if I ever saw one. Its been Cold, Rainy and Dull outside so I decided that its a thick soup for me this time around. Simple, Warming, Comforting and Lovely.
Approximate Calories: 733
- 1 generous tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 cups of frozen peas (300 grams, I use Petit Pois)
- 2 leeks (quite large or 3 smaller leeks)
- 1 potato (again on the large side or two smaller potato’s)
- 1 vegetable stockpot (or equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1.5 cups of milk (400 mil, I use skimmed milk but any will do)
- Equal amount of water to milk (for pan cooking) or fill to minimum level, in the Soupmaker.
- Remove the outside of the leek and peel the potato, dice both into small chunks
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done untill smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more milk, for a thicker soup add less milk.
This is a recipe I used when my wife decided I liked Broccoli. We had two in the fridge and some other bits and pieces so I made this….
Approximate Calories: 477 to 557 (119 to 144 calories per serving – 557 is with the milk added)
- 1 table spoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 broccoli heads
- 1 peeled medium potato
- 2 peeled medium onions (or 1 large)
- 1 garlic clove (or 1 squeeze from a tube)
- A pinch of Salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons of bouillon
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot or equivalent
- Add hot water to (level 2 in soupmaker) or to cover the vegetables
- Put all ingredients in the soupmaker set to smooth. Add skimmed milk if required then whizz twice extra.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done till smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water.
- In this recipe you could add some milk instead more water for a creamier soup.