Preciosa sopa de frijoles!
I loved our trip to Mexico a few years back and loved the soup I had there. For this I like to add some Doritos or Tortilla’s and cheese to the soup at the end. I also occasionally add a 2nd can of beans to make it thicker.
Approximate Calories: 600 (150 calories per serving) (this will be more if you add the extra beans, tortillas and cheese. About 300 to 400 calories more)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 garlic clove (or 2 squeezes from a tube)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 can of black beans (I like Old El Paso black beans, use 2 tins for a thicker soup)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 and a 1/2 tablespoons of fresh coriander (1/2 for the Soup and 1 for the garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 knorr chicken or vegetable stock pot or equivalents
- Add hot water to (level 1 in the soupmaker the lower one) or to cover the contents
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to chunky or smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done until chunky or smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add another can of beans or add less water.
- Optional – Cheese and Doritos or Tortilla’s to taste for sprinkling over the soup along with the coriander before serving.