No talk of old vegetables, Abel and Cole or orange coloured soup, I promised Neil! So this soup was inspired by and named after the Ferrelly’s. With last nights visit to the London Stadium alongside Neil, Joe and Alex Ferrely, only to witness West Ham scrape a lucky 1-0 win against an energetic and rather tenacious Burnley side, we enjoyed a lads night out.
Anyway at half time, to my surprise, I got a focused but welcome critique of my soup making blog. Too many orange soups and too many references to old knackered veg and they all look the same. So in a nod to Neils funny and constructive criticism here is a Soup with no old veg, not the same style of soup and definitely not an orange soup. Potatoes, leeks and onions form the basis of this soup and its green.
I hope this fits the bill?
Approximate Calories: 464 (116 per serving)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil (other types of oil will do)
- 3 small onion, finely chopped (or 1 large onion)
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 4 small leeks, finely chopped
- 1 whole green pepper chopped
- 4 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 knorr vegetable stock pot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Put all of the ingredients into the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minute’s or so then blend when done until smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.