As its still rainy and cold outside I am straying into cosy time territory with a winter warmer style of soup. At about 250 calories a serving it is still filling as well as a great way to warm you up against the winter chill outside.
I love this soup, it looks just like what it is black beans. With some crusty sliced bread (77 calories for an average slice) or a crusty roll (160 calories per roll) its gorgeous
Approximate Calories: 950 to 1010 (237 to 252 calories per serving – 1010 is with the dollop of sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove (or a squeeze from a tube)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 can of black beans (I like the Old El Paso black beans)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 onion (any size, if you are like me make it large)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of red wine (this is optional)
- 2 knorr beef stock pots or equivalents (use vegetable stick if you prefer)
- Add hot water to (level 2 in the soupmaker the higher) or 1.2 litres in the pan
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to chunky or smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so then blend when done until chunky or smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water for a thicker soup add less water.
- Optional – Sour Cream with some coriander on top when serving.