Okay for a good quality 500ml Rapeseed oil you are looking at about £2 to £5 pounds. Compared to a similar sized Olive oil that is about £2.50 to £5 so not much difference in price, but we feel that Rapeseed oil is more expensive and I don’t know why that is?
However the health benefits in are quite high. Rapeseed oil has the lowest saturated fat content cooking oils. Olive oil has twice the saturated fat (14%) and Rapeseed oil is far richer in Vitamin E, Omega-3 and 6 other fatty acids. It has a higher smoking point than which means its not as toxic at very high temperatures. so its an all round good product.
I use it a lot as it is better for me and has a lot benefits at my at my age.
In Summary Rapeseed oil is:
- 10 times higher in Omega 3 than Olive Oil.
- A good source of Vitamin E.
- Higher in monounsaturated fats.
- Beneficial due to having no artificial preservatives and is trans-fat and GM free.
- Suitable for a variety of diets
- Safe to cook at high temperatures only burning at 230c higher than Olive Oil.