After a week back at work and eating loads of good food, I need to get back to making simple and quick soups. This is what I am going to call my “Everyday Range”.
A few ingredients maybe three to six basic vegetables that are easily available and even easier to put into a soup kettle and produce a great tasty lunch. Soups you can have at work, at lunch or the weekend. Soups that you use to replace a few strategic dinners in the week.
Healthier, less calorific and filling.
Approximate Calories: 748 (187 calories per serving)
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil (other types of oil will do)
- 6 small carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 Slices of ham ripped or chopped
- 1 teaspoon of hot smoked paprika
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 150 grams of Red Lentils
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Knorr chicken and 1 vegetable stockpot or equivalents
- Add hot water to (level 2 in soupmaker) or to cover the vegetables
- Put all ingredients in the soup maker and set to smooth.
- Alternatively put all of the ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minute’s or so, then blend when done untill smooth.
- For a thinner soup add more water, for a thicker soup add less water